Tuesday, October 10, 2006

So Good

Psalm 133:

How good and pleasant it is when brothers and sisters live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.

It is so good to be loved--truly loved. It is so good to be known, to be understood, to be encouraged, to be affirmed. No matter what chaos or crisis befalls me, I am surrounded by something so good. It is so good to hear from the people that have known me and loved me and stood beside me for years now. It is good to have and to hold the people who now understand me and stand beside me despite events that challenge and seek to divide. The criticism of those who understand little and seek to understand even less is all but gone--merely a whisper whose words I can barely discern. In place of that unknowing criticism I find the shouts of those who stand in solidarity with me. The good and pleasant unity that affirms me as "worthy", "loving", "caring and concerned", as "doing all you possibly can", and "deserving of a little extra because you have been here so long" and because you are "like family". The good and pleasant voices of unity and solidarity tell me to "drown out any criticism", and that "everything will be alright", even though they know the pain that I now endure. "This too shall pass." "We are praying for you." "What can we do?" "You are doing everything you can." "You did the right thing." "Well done."

It is so very good and pleasant to be a part of this community that transcends all earthly knowledge and expresses an unearthly gracious love and understanding. How on earth do people live without this? I love you my dear brothers and sisters. Matt and Shar, John, AJH, Julie B, Dave and Barb, Robert, Pat, Andrew, Bill, Nancy, Robin, Tom, Nic, Adam, Erica, and probably a few more that I cannot now remember--you have been my saving grace these past few days. You have reminded me of how good and pleasant it is when brothers and sisters stand together, live together, in unity. Thank you for loving me in ways that allow you to stand by me no matter what storm I must weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home