Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sweet Salt

How I have missed ocean breezes and crashing waves. I have been away from the coast for far too long. Today I am exhausted and yet I feel refreshed. The salty air and the warm sun make me come alive. But, even more, I am refreshed by the company of friends. Not just any friends, but the ones who will be there always--even when they aren't physically present.

It has been many months since I have even managed to email Brenda, but she is a friend that will remain such forever. It has been great to celebrate with her. She and Brian are beautiful together.

It was also good to catch up a bit with Justin and Rick. It is funny that we started on the same path and now I am in such a different place than they are. In a way I am jealous. It would be nice to just have a job somewhere and to be able to "settle down". On the other hand, I would probably get bored if I wasn't running around like an insane woman trying to do eighteen things at once. Of course, boredom might be more becoming than I know. I can't really remember what being a "normal" 9 to 5-er was like. I have been doing the work/school/mom bit for too long. I am excited for next year when I can cut my roles down by a third.

And now my mind begins to succumb to my exhausted body and to desire sleep. (Despite the less than comfortable mattress of my little motel room--which, combined with spinal trauma from multiple rollercoaster rides, will leave me feeling old in the morning.) I must now get some sleep so that I can have enough energy to lie on the beach all day tomorrow! Ah, vacation is nice. If only it lasted longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home