Tuesday, August 01, 2006

About a Boy

"It is good to hear your voice." That is what he said. And I wondered to myself, "does he miss me?" After all the argument and all the apologies and all the challenge and chaos and confusion of the past few years, could he now miss me? Of course he could. And once he stated that it was good to hear my voice, I had to admit that it was good to hear his too. No matter how I wish to avoid the fact, I missed him. For there is some strange energy between us--we are drawn to one another even as we push one another away. Whatever that energy is, it has gotten us through the argument and apology and challenge and chaos and confusion. It has been the driving force that forged this friendship, and it drives us still. I did not consciously desire to hear his voice before yesterday, but I have missed hearing it nonetheless. At times I may despise him, misunderstand him, and become frustrated by him, but I will love him always. He is a dear friend, and I do miss him.

You are precious to me still, Andrew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home