Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ben Harper and the Inspiring Boy

I have been stuck in Ben Harper mode for days now. I always love Ben, but there are times in life when only Ben will do, and now is one of those times. And so Ben plays and plays and plays and plays--in the car, on my computer, at home, in my office. He plays on and on. And he reminds me of days gone by. And he reminds me of what it felt like to be in love. And he reminds me what it was like to live life without being afraid. And he assures me that I can and will live and love on, despite any belief to the contrary.

I have been stuck in Ben Harper mode for days. And it is all his fault. This adorable boy that surprises me every day, and intrigues me more every day, and makes me smile everyday, and makes me care for him more every day. It is all his fault that my head swims with these lyrics of love and grace and loss and forgiveness and beauty. All his beautiful, wonderful fault. And Ben assures me that I will love on as I desperately seek a reason not to love this sweet young man. This man who believes in all that I believe in, who hopes for all that I hope for, who strives toward the goals that I strive for. This inspiring boy who is becoming a most amazing man before my eyes. I didn't realize how amazing a man he was until I heard him play Ben Harper.

I have been stuck in Ben Harper mode for days. I think I would like to stay here for a few days more. I think that I want to hear more. I think I desire to remain in this moment of nostalgic reflection on life and on love. I think I may dare to hope for life and love to come. And I think that I want to know more of the one who has inspired this moment. And I believe the more I know him, the more he will inspire me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home