Monday, February 12, 2007

What the Funk

I am in one of those moods where I am in a bad mood but I don't know why I'm in a bad mood. "In a funk" Karyn called it. Yep...

Dave says I need more sleep. I slept all day Sunday.
Heidi says I need less stress. Not likely to happen.

I think I just need to be in a bad mood. Maybe I just need a season of lament. We are really afraid of lament in our society. (Bitching we seem to be okay with, but lament we find uncomfortable for some reason.) But sometimes I think that it is okay to look at the world and to be sad--to mourn over the state of things and to wish for something better. And sometimes I think that we are unable to be happy and well and fine unless we first move through a time of being disquiet, uncomfortable, and disenchanted. Otherwise the good times seem to somehow lack conviction.

So I embrace being "in a funk", and I lament. This too shall pass--I hope it does so quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home